Having a social media consultancy business or by just being a social media consultant faces many difficult challenges. You need to put in time and effort in the beginning by doing it effectively and with integrity; it’s just like any other business worth doing.
12 Steps to Become an Effective Social Media Consultant
1 – Look for a family member or friend who could use some help getting started in the Social Media sphere
- Pick someone who doesn’t have a business
- Help them get interested in something they love
2 – Pick a family member or friend with a business
- You’re now going to help someone use Social Media professionally.
- You’re going to offer to do this for free
3 – Plan out a path to Social Media success
- I can’t teach you this, this has to come from within you
- This is the part that you need to be amazing a
4 – Communicate Efficiently
- You need to be clear and concise every step of the way.
- If you have questions that need answered – make it easy for them to answer them.
5 – Track all your time spent
- Discovering how long tasks take you is key to turning this into a business.
- Pinpoint places that seem to be taking longer than they should be
6 – Keep a Journal
- You need to write down what is working and what isn’t.
- Write out the processes and steps you take to complete all tasks.
7 – Decide what Metrics you’ll use to measure success
- There are plenty of aspects to measure a Social Media campaigns success, so pick the ones that make the most sense.
- Possibly, illustrate how it’s lowered Customer Service time, or Salesman time.
8 – Set up a Monitoring Dashboard
- Develop something that you can use to track and showcase the results.
9 – Results
- You’re doing these first ones for free so you can start to get paid. The only way a customer will keep
10 – Do this for at least 3 more businesses
- You want to be an expert at this. There’s no point in building this business if you’re not going to be the best.
11 – Start your Business/Blog/Website and your OWN Social Media campaign
- Go back to your journal you kept, and pull out the best bits and write about them.
- Give away all the knowledge you’ve learned. Teach others how to do what you’re doing.
12 – Get to know other amazing Social Media Consultants
- You still have lots to learn.
- Meeting others in your field of expertise, and being friends with them, will help you feel better about what you’re doing
You need to do a lot of work if you want to become a social media consultant. You really need to be prepared for it and know what you are doing. The one you help in the beginning will be your biggest fans.